Search This Blog

Monday, January 16, 2012

Day off!

Good morning! I have a day off thanks to MLK day. Aaron had to wake up at 5:30 so I ended up getting up around 6.  For breakfast I had some Caribou Blend coffee, two eggs with a slice of canadian bacon and a half slice of pepper jack cheese with half of a whole wheat bagel. I am starting my morning off with watching last weeks Biggest Loser episode in bed :)
So yesterday I made hummus in my magic bullet. I used the following recipe from the magic bullet cookbook.

Hallelujah Hummus
1/4 cup chicken stock
14 oz. can  chickpeas
3 cloves garlic
2 Tbs. lemon juice
3 Tbs. tahini (sesame paste)

It was good. A little too garlicky so I think I would only use 2 cloves next time. I also want to try out a recipe that does not have chicken stock next time. We enjoyed the hummus with my favorite "guilt free" Trader Joe's multigrain pita chips.



















Yesterdays workout  consisted of 3.85 mile run outside. Today I am going to the gym and going to do 30 minutes on the elliptical and then focus on strengthening legs. I am also getting my hair did today! My mom does hair so I am going over to my parents this afternoon. Tonight Aaron and I are going to attempt to make Thai curry chicken....post pictures later tonight. If anyone has any tips on blogging please help!

1 comment:

  1. Love hummus :) I think I ate my body weight in hummus and pita chips today. Totally a day off splurge! Glad you enjoyed your day off as well :)

    ReplyDelete